Job Title: Director, Information Technology
Department: Information Technology (“IT”)
Reports To: Chief Financial Officer
FLSA Status: Exempt
Location: San Diego
This position is responsible for all aspects of Information Technology (“IT”) management and controls.
- Applies experience, judgment, and decision-making skills to the design and support of corporate IT systems and related accesses, data stability, data security and redundancy/continuity, user databases, hardware configuration and security, IT staffing, user helpdesk and training, secure remote access, and Company business objectives.
- Identifies, designs, implements, and maintains policies and procedures related to IT, including those that support new technologies, secure the corporate network and its data, reduce help-desk demand, and ensure allocation of resources to allow for optimal productivity.
- Sources and integrates new IT technologies, including those that help ensure regulatory compliance (i.e. SOX, GDPR and ISO) and help prepare the company for growth. Leverage technology to improve employee efficiency and increase facility effectiveness, compliance, quality, and/or reduce costs.
- Responsible for onboarding new employees from an IT perspective and ensuring all IT needs are met.
- Ensures all corporate systems are working efficiently, including AV resources, networks, file servers, email, and telephones.
- Functions as primary liaison to employees for helpdesk related questions. Manages external IT support, as necessary.
- Maintain appropriate documentation of all IT related controls.
- Responsible for computer and software lifecycle management.
- Minimum 10 years’ experience managing IT systems, including system administration, database design and maintenance, and user training and helpdesk.
- Experience working for public companies and familiarity with SOX required IT controls.
- Experience working for a life sciences company and the related R&D software systems that may be required (EDMS, SAS, Systat, etc.)
- Good written and oral communication skills, with the proven ability to generate routine reports, procedures, and correspondences.
- Demonstrated problem solving and project management skills, including critical thinking, analytical skills, and strong attention to detail.
- Strong computer network management skills.
- Ability to work in a team environment, and to work in an independent manner. Ability to adapt to unexpected challenges.